In view of the recent COVID-19 outbreak, as a way to reach out to you, we, at Rushabh Eye Hospital and Laser Centre have enabled Tele-consultation. Please note, that teleconsultation is not a substitute for an actual examination and it has its inherent limitations. Here are a few points that will help you understand the terms of teleconsultation.
- Doctors’ diagnosis and treatment are based on the oral information provided and limited visual inspection of images or videos with inadequate magnification.
- Formal vision testing is not possible. Certain websites and apps exist for this purpose but they have not been validated in this setting. They serve only as a guide to the examination and have no diagnostic value.
- Clinical examination using a slit lamp biomicroscope examination for the front of the eye is not possible. Photographs of the eye clicked using a mobile phone or other digital devices may not show the minute details required to make an accurate diagnosis.
- Diagnosis is based on history, current medication, previous records and gross photographs/webchat visualization. The treatment would be based on the provisional diagnosis as the final diagnosis may be possible only after clinical examination and investigations.
- The accuracy and extent of the information you provide are crucial to the doctor in arriving at a provisional diagnosis. If the patient is unable to provide adequate and relevant information and/or reports, it may impact the advice or treatment received.
- Measuring of eye pressure, eye power(refraction), retinal and optic nerve evaluation is not possible.
- Performing any eye imaging or other investigation is not possible.
- Patients may be asked to visit a hospital for face-to-face examination, if the patient cannot be reached or is uncertain, or needs emergency management. The patient must adhere to follow-up visits either online or in-person as deemed necessary by the treating physician.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Kindly note that the consultation fee is valid for only one consultation. The hospital policy for follow up consultation fees is applicable for consults within 1 week of the initial consult.
- You will be asked to submit documents verifying the patient’s identity, along with images of previous reports.
- The medium of consultation will include a phone call, video call, email, etc depending on the patient’s accessibility and the doctor’s discretion.
- The doctor will reply to your request for consultation once the appointment has been scheduled.
- Your teleconsultation may be recorded, maintaining your privacy and confidentiality.
- The reports of the teleconsultation will be added to the hospital medical records.
- As per legal guidelines, Tele-Consultation cannot be offered to the overseas patient.
CONSENT FOR TELE-CONSULTATION
1. I understand that telemedicine is the use of electronic information and communication technologies by a health care provider to deliver services to an individual when he/she is located at a different site than the provider; and hereby consent to Rushabh Eye Hospital and Laser Centre, providing health care services to me via telemedicine.
2. I understand that the laws that protect the privacy and the confidentiality of medical information also apply to telemedicine. As always, your insurance carrier will have access to your medical records for quality review/audit.
3. I understand that I will be responsible for any co-payments or coinsurances that apply to my telemedicine visit.
4. I understand that I have the right to withhold or withdraw my consent to the use of telemedicine in the course of my care at any time, without affecting my right to future care or treatment.
5. I may revoke my consent orally or in writing at any time by contacting Rushabh Eye Hospital and Laser Centre at [email protected] As long as this consent is in force (has not been revoked) Rushabh Eye Hospital and Laser Centre may provide health care services to me via telemedicine without the need for me to sign another consent form.
By clicking “Agree”, I understand the terms and conditions and consent to teleconsultation.