Eye Cancer could involve:
- Ocular Surface,
- Eye Tissues (Intra-Ocular)
- Orbit (space around the eye).
The investigation, Diagnostic method, Prognosis, and Treatment of each is different and best left to the discretion of the treating doctor. There is a wide range of types of cancer involving the eyes. The tissues involved and the type of cancer would determine the management of the disease. Some of the more frequently seen cancers include:
- Eyelid: Sebaceous Gland Carcinoma (SGC), Squamous Cell Carcinoma (SCC), Basal Cell Carcinoma (BCC), etc.;
- Ocular: Ocular Surface Squamous Neoplasia (OSSN), Retinoblastoma (Rb), Melanoma, Lymphoma, etc.;
- Orbital: Hemangiomas, Lymphangiomas, Varices, Schwannomas, Gliomas, etc.