No Stitch, No Injection, No Pain
Cataract Treatment in Mumbai
ADVANCED CATARACT TREATMENT IN MUMBAI
At REH we provide the most effective cataract treatment in Mumbai by the best cataract specialist in Mumbai. Cataract surgery has evolved rapidly in the past few years and it is much more than just replacing the cataracts lens with an artificial one. The technique of cataract removal has progressed from manual removal to Phacoemulsification – where an ultrasound probe emulsifies the cataract inside the eye through a very small 3.2 mm incision.
REH provides cataract treatment in Mumbai which works on Micro-Incision Cataract Surgery (MICS) is the cataract treatment where the size of the incision is further reduced to 2.2 mm and the surgery is performed.
Smaller incision size has the advantage of quicker recovery with lower chances of infection. Such advanced techniques of cataract treatment in Mumbai considerably reduce the surgery time and can be done using anesthetizing eye drops known as Topical Anaesthesia to numb the eye. This obviates the need for injections which have their risks.
WHY PREMIUM INTRAOCULAR LENS ( IOL)
To achieve Freedom from glasses even after 50!
As we are providing Cataract treatment in Mumbai, we have seen that in many cataract patients, the standard IOL implant provides a satisfactory vision after the cataract treatment. With standard IOLs, patients who do not have astigmatism generally achieve good distance vision without the need for glasses, though they are likely to be dependent on reading glasses for close-up vision.
However, patients with significant astigmatism, or whose lifestyles make reading glasses inconvenient, often opt for an upgraded lens implant. Here at Rushabh Eye Hospital, we provide Cataract treatment in Mumbai. Cataract specialists at Rushabh Eye Hospital and Laser Centre are experts in the use of Premium lenses – Multifocal IOL’s, Trifocal IOL’s, Toric IOL’s and Piggyback IOL’s
- Multifocal IOL’s – These lenses restore vision for near as well as distance and greatly reduces the dependency on glasses after surgery. Some patients may require glasses for intermediate use such as while using the computer.
- Toric IOL’s – Astigmatism is the cylindrical component of the shape and number of the eye. If you are planning a cataract surgery and have high astigmatism, you may require to correct this in addition to the conventional spherical power Intraocular Lens, to ensure better clarity post-surgery. These lenses are called TORIC LENSES. If the cylindrical power is left uncorrected, the person may require glasses to improve clarity in vision even after the removal of the cataract. Toric Lenses are available in Monofocal as well as Multifocal and Trifocal varieties.
- PiggyBack IOL’s – These lenses are used in special situations if you have a significant residual power after undergoing cataract surgery or for patients who want to get rid of glasses after having implanted standard mono-focal IOL’s.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CATARACT TREATMENT
Best cataract specialist in mumbai at Rushabh Eye Hospital & Laser Centre can help you decide which type of surgery and which type of intraocular lens(IOL) is best suited to your needs based on your daily activities and the type of vision required to complete these activities.
It would also depend on certain other factors such as the type of cataract, pre-existing astigmatism, glaucoma, co-morbid corneal, pre-cataract treatment conditions and retinal conditions.
According to our best cataract specialist in mumbai around the age of 40 years, the normal focusing mechanism of the eye which is responsible for clear near vision starts failing.
This is a physiological phenomenon that progresses with age and is known as “Presbyopia”. Conventional LASIK surgery is designed to get rid of your number for distance vision. It does not correct presbyopia which means, after some years you will need the assistance of glasses for near work.
Our best cataract specialist in mumbai says, If you don’t have a cataract, there are two ways to deal with this situation:
- Presbyopic LASIK – Your LASIK surgeon designs the Laser treatment in a way to ensure you have a clear vision for both, distance and near. However, the effect of this will wear off and is preferred in the age group of 40-50 years.
- Refractive lens exchange (RLE) – RLE replaces your eye’s clear natural lens with an artificial intraocular lens (IOL). The procedure for RLE is virtually identical to cataract surgery. The difference is that in RLE, the lens being replaced is clear, rather than a cloudy lens due to a cataract. Based on the condition of your eye and lifestyle, your surgeon will help you choose a Multifocal, Trifocal, or Toric IOL.
According to our best cataract specialist in mumbai, a residual refractive error after cataract treatment can be corrected by Laser Vision Correction or Lens-based procedure.
The choice of surgery will depend on factors such as degree of refractive error, glaucoma, co-morbid corneal and retinal conditions, and eye measurements. Get in touch with our best cataract specialist in mumbai who can guide you on your cataract treatment options.
MORE ABOUT REFRACTIVE LENS EXCHANGE (RLE)
Refractive lens exchange, also called lens replacement surgery or clear lens extraction, maybe a better option than LASIK, PRK or ICL refractive surgery for people with presbyopia and high hyperopia (farsightedness) or high myopia (short-sightedness).
Lens replacement surgery at usually takes about 15 minutes. Each eye is done separately, usually about a week apart. Numbing anesthetic drops are used during RLE, so typically there is no discomfort, and most people report immediate vision improvement after surgery. Initial recovery from refractive lens exchange – when you can resume normal everyday activities – usually takes about a week.
While RLE has been proven safe and effective, every surgery has some degree of risk, which you should discuss in detail with your eye surgeon.